cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub5 No Wireless Connection

davidallan
Joining in

After a week with my Hub5 router I have lost connection via all the devices connected via wireless.

The devices can see the router but have no internet access and are unable to connect to router (192.168.0.1)

Wired connections are still fine so it shouldn't be broadband issues.

Should I revert back to me old router?

Thanks for any suggestions

David

4 REPLIES 4

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

@davidallan wrote:

After a week with my Hub5 router I have lost connection via all the devices connected via wireless.

The devices can see the router but have no internet access and are unable to connect to router (192.168.0.1)

Wired connections are still fine so it shouldn't be broadband issues.

Should I revert back to me old router?

Thanks for any suggestions

David

Yes

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Thanks for the help.

Reverting back to the old hub didn't work - I assume due to the different settings required at VirginMedia's end to communicate with the hub.

I have reverted back to the Hub5 so that I can at least have a wired connection.

Regards, David

@davidallan wrote:

Thanks for the help.

Reverting back to the old hub didn't work - I assume due to the different settings required at VirginMedia's end to communicate with the hub.

I have reverted back to the Hub5 so that I can at least have a wired connection.

Regards, David

They’ll likely need to activate the old hub.

Or, you bite the bullet and put the Hub5 into modem mode and get your own wireless router or mesh system. Which should have been done with the atrocious Hub3 really. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

It be far better in the long run to use hub in modem mode and get your own wifi router with 1Gb ports
---------------------------------------------------------------