Menu
Anne140
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub4

My wifi has never been so good since getting this hub4 but cannot whatsoever connect my ring doorbell please no techy answers if you have any idea please make them as simple as possible

thanks In advance 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub4

Hi @Anne140

Thanks for posting this back on here 🙂 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your hub 4, I will try to make this as easy as possible for you. 🙂 

Does the hub box show up on the ring doorbell app when you search for it? 

Is the ring doorbell the only device you are having issues connecting to the hub with? 

How is the ring doorbell connected up? Is it wired or wirelessly? 

Please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Anne140
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarah

yes it does show up on the ring app and it is connected wirelessly 

🙏🏻🙏🏻

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying back to me @Anne140

What happens when you click the hub on the ring app? Does it just not connect or does it connect but drop off straight away? 

May sound a bit silly, but have you carried out a pin hole reset on the hub to see if this works? 

At the back of the hub there should be a small hole, with something pointy, press it down for 10-15 seconds, then wait 10 minutes for it to load up. 

Could you let me know if it then lets you reconnect to the ring doorbell? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Anne140
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Sarah, yes I’ve reset everything it just doesn’t connect whatsoever even though it shows 

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Anne140,

Thank you for getting back to us!

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having connection issues. Can you tell us if you've reset your ring doorbell as well?

If this is the only device that seems to be impacted and not connecting to the network, have you been in touch with the company that provides the ring doorbells, to see if there's some troubleshooting available?

Please keep us updated on this if you can.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Anne140
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I reset everything, contacted ring and they are sending a new one🙈 just hope it works, strange though it only stopped when I got the hub 4 will keep you posted when I receive the new one 🙏🏻

0 Kudos