cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4

Hiren03
On our wavelength

Got hub4 and i get lot of connection drops randomly at times and my internal network in my house are all fine, i tested everything and no issues but this hub4 has more issues than the old hub3. Seriously £64 for a hub4 and the connection drops so often that it makes hub3 look absolutely stable. Cant believe how much money virgin media makes from bad service and their customer service is non-existence. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hiren03
On our wavelength

Just avoid getting hub4, hub3 is much better

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Hiren03
On our wavelength

Just avoid getting hub4, hub3 is much better

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Unless you are on the 1GB package you dont "need" a Hub4.

If the Hub3 was fine - how come you gota a Hub4? If it was call in and say the Hub4 is not fit for your purpose and you want the Hub3 back.

Alternatively do what I and many others do and stick any VM into Modem mode and get your own router and wireless equipment to take full control of your network connectivity away from VM and into your hands.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Hiren03,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you are not happy with the Hub-4.

Can I ask why you applied for this? Was it an upgrade option? Was it done with an agent?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hiren03
On our wavelength

It was upgrade as the hub3 also had external connection issues which VM dismissed so I upgraded to hub4 but now hub4 has double the faults that my hub3 had. Garbage tech that I wish i read into before buying but I cancelled my direct debit until they fix my stuff. I wont be paying for a broken service promise 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Hiren03,

I can see that you have been speaking to someone in a private message, I will end this conversation so we do not cross wires.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide