cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4 reset

Bencaw90
Tuning in

Hi,

Hopefully someone will know, we are having an issue every evening devices such as mobiles, tablets etc will loose connection, other things like laptops and desktop pc are connected perfectly fine, someone mentioned logging into the hub an setting up the 5G setting however I cannot log into the hub nor could the engineer as it says the password is incorrect, we have been told to reset the hub at the back with a pin, but wondering if we will have to manually connect everything again such as the Sky Q boxes, mini boxes, Alexa, tablets and devices? Or if these will remain after the reset, we are hoping for the hub password to work after doing so?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bencaw90, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us and update the thread. 

We're really glad to hear that things are working for you now and the connection has stabilised. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back here and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do as reset as below.

First, make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly to the "stop point" with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch the Hub off at any time. Leave it 5' to re-initialise - both Passwords will reset to those on the sticker.

Then... log into the Hub and rename the SSID and password to those you were using before (if they were different to the sticker ones) and the other devices should be fine

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bencaw90,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your hub 4. 

Have you been able to try the suggestion by jbrennand?

I have located your account and checked out your levels and am unable to see anything that could be affecting this. 

^Martin

Hey,

Sorry not at the moment just in the office so not bad chance to do this yet will get this sorted asap and will post the information 

Cheers

Hi there @Bencaw90 

I just wanted to check in as it has been a few days since your last post. 

Have you been able to do this now and has it helped the issues? 

Thank you.

Hi, it wouldn’t let me copy and paste I did write a message with the images but looks like they have been deleted, won’t allow to to paste as all so guess no one gonna be able to help if we cannot post them here 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Bencaw90,

Your up and down streams are looking healthy on our systems, have you ever set up a BMQ chart before? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

Yeah I did set one up and posted the pictures however they were taken down, to be honest since I disabled the auto channel change it’s been perfect, not lost connection once touch wood

Hi Bencaw90, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us and update the thread. 

We're really glad to hear that things are working for you now and the connection has stabilised. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back here and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs