cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4 keeps losing connectivity

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone, I'm having some problems with my Virgin Media broadband losing connectivity and reconnecting after 2-3 minutes. I'm currently using a Hub4 in modem mode hooked up to a TP-Link Archer AX50. I am subscribed to the Gig1 plan. 

• I'm including below a sample of my BQM from today. There was a disconnection that happened when I was on a Zoom call, but I never regained connectivity. I proceeded to finish the call on 5G before attending to it, hence the big red blob.
  • I've also included a text dump from all the router status tabs here.

After facing more connectivity issues today, I finally did a complete reset (using the pinhole) on both my Hub4 and TP-Link router. The issues continue to persist, unfortunately. 

Any guidance you can provide would be extremely helpful! 

Google Chrome - My Profile - thinkbroadband 2023-02-25 at 1.17.38 AM.png

28 REPLIES 28

Client62
Hero

Downstream Signal levels & SNR are all over the place for DOCSIS 3.0

Upstream Power levels look too high for DOCSIS 3.0

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for looking into this! Would this warrant an engineer visit? I wanted to post here first as folks on the helpline weren't quite sure how to diagnose the issue besides getting me turn my Hub4 off and back on again. 

Telephone Customer Support are supposed to understand how to look at the CPE connection levels & to diagnose basic connectivity issues.

What might be most expedient is to request a VM Forum Team member review your connection stats and book an engineer.

Hi kellog1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband service. 

I have taken taken a look on our side and can see a e an engineer visit is needed. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for looking into this Martin_N! I would appreciate an engineer visit too. I'm currently traveling and would be back on Saturday and can have the engineer come in any time after that. 

Btw, I'm continuing to see issues. See my BQM from yesterday and all the dropped packets.

kellog1_1-1677653219632.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could I get someone from VM to help me schedule an engineer visit, please? The issue has gotten so bad in the last couple days that video calls regularly suffer on a gig1 connection and I can’t stream anything reliably. 

23A0FF20-020F-4CE5-9F2F-CA0C5CA02529.jpeg

It's becoming all to too common for virgin to give horrific packet loss at times.

Probably an area issue, but they'll not want to admit that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm booked to have an engineer visit tomorrow, but if it doesn't improve over the next few weeks I'm planning to switch away. I'm out of contract anyway and latency is unfortunately far too high for a 62 GBP/mo. gig1 connection. Unfortunately, no other ISP offers these speeds in my postcode, but BT and others on Open Reach have had great connection quality from what I've experienced historically. Just slower speeds. 

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the connection issues. 

I have checked the system and can see you are affected by an SNR issue. 

F010544545 - fault number.

The estimated fix date is the 20th March at 9am. 

Please monitor the service after this date and report back any issues.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill