cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4 keeps dropping Android Phone Wifi

MarkiMark
Joining in

Hi All,

Just installed a new Hub4. All seems to be working OK. Wired connections fine. Wifi connections fine on an Iphone and Ipad however a Samsung Android phone keeps losing connection.

On the Hub page : Connected devices : It shows the android connected but often with a really low speed... like 1Mbps
The Iphones and Ipad are up at 24Mbps and working fine. And as I say the Android just keeps dropping off and hanging.

Seems very odd. Anything I can adjust on the phone or on the hub to sort this out?

Cheers

32 REPLIES 32

Hello markmagness, 

Have you checked your hub settings to see if any devices have been blocked 

Typing http://192.168.0.1 into your web browser (or by clicking on the link to the left) Entering the router settings password in the box shown on screen – you'll find that password on a sticker on the base of the router.

You will need to take it off VPN

Its a mystery why Android devices are being blocked as its not something we can do remotely or have the need to do so. 

Gareth_L 

Yes strangely enough I know how to log in to the hub. Where are you suggesting it would indicate a device being blocked?

Thanks for coming back to us @markmagness.

You can access the information by going to Advanced settings > Security > Mac Filtering, this would show any devices that have had their access blocked.

Regards,

Steven_L