cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4 ethernet ports not working

Cowshedder
Tuning in

Since switching to Hub4 months ago, internet has been poor with lost wifi connections etc.

In the latest attempt to improve wifi matters by process of elimination, this morning, a friend from a networking company came round to set up his own Ubiquiti Dream Router.  When it was plugged into the yellow ethernet ports on the Hub4, the Ubiquiti router display showed 'No internet detected'.  We tried different cables and tried all four ports - but still 'No internet detected'.

Unless anyone in this community has any other ideas to try, I'm guessing we need a replacement Hub4?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do the LEDs show on the port that is being used? You could try a pin hole reset of the hub, it has been known to fix this type of problem. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

"What do the LEDs show on the port that is being used?" - sorry to be a bit naive, but where are the LEDs?  If you mean the ethernet port on the back of the Hub4, there are no lights at all.  I think I'm probably misunderstanding you.  Here's how it's set up ...

Cowshedder_0-1669493510968.png

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Cannot see the back of my hub5 as it’s under the floor. Most devices have a green & yellow LED on the socket, but maybe VM are cutting costs yet again. I’m not sure about the picture of the UDM, possibly a LED each side of the socket, my UDM-Pro certainly has LEDs on all its sockets.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2