cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4 and no support with your Connect App.

Lightning-750
Tuning in

When is Virgin Media going to support their all singing, all dancing new Hub4 with their Virgin Media Connect App?

I used to find it very useful for finding black spots in my household.

Its pretty disgusting to read on here that Virgin Media customers have been asking the same question since 2020.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Dont hold your breath.... they will never say when.... until it happens.

TBH to find black spots, any decent wifi scanning App for the phone (or Apple Airport Utility) will give much better information about what the wifi environment is like

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM scanning on their app is pretty useless. I can currently see 107 SSISs at my location, all display with MAC address, channel and signal strength, I don’t expect the VM app would find anything like this number.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Not really new as Hub 5 is out and i was told by a VM CS that Hub6 would be out for testing soon.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Another bit of b*** s*** from CS.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Lightning-750
Tuning in

I've sussed out my problem, after having a new Hub 4 installed that isn't supported on my Virgin Media Connect app.

Its a deliberate policy from Virgin Media for the Hub 4 to not work on their Connect app, its because Virgin don't want customers to find out how useless there broadband is throughout the house.