cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4 Solid Green Light

MCLS_2022
On our wavelength

Woke this morning to solid green light on the hub4 Wi-Fi and connection seems to be working (I have this in modem mode) 
I have tried a Google search and also a search through this forum but can’t seem to find anyone detailing this happening.

the green bar is not flashing and it just steady green

any ideas?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post 41 for more details]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the feedback everyone and we will be working to update our online literature and briefing our Teams regarding the recent light change to green. I can confirm that the solid green light is the intended behaviour following the recent firmware change and will lock this thread now.

I've also moved some posts to their own threads in the Networking and WiFi board so the Forum members can assist. If you're experiencing any issues with your broadband service, please create a new thread.

Thanks,

Lisa

EDIT - 31/01/23

Wanted to update this thread to say we've just released some new firmware and the modem mode LED light is now green for the Hub 4.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

40 REPLIES 40

DebbieKJones
Tuning in

Did you ever solve this issue? I'm having the exact same solid green light.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have exactly the same. Log shows hub was updated overnight and internet is ok. Have asked VM for clarification. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ahh okay thanks for letting us know. Please keep us updated on what VM say when/if you get a response! 🙂

Ahh ok so not an isolated occurrence, if anyone has an update please post it in here.

I would have attempted a pin reset or just a power cycle to see if that cleared it back to “dim white” but working from home and feared potential down time

Same here , anyone got a response from Virgin ?

AlexMasktu
Tuning in

Same here. Also done a reboot and still comes on with solid green; everything seems to work as it should .

Hi MCLS_2022

Welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're experiencing a green light on your router. This light on the HUB 4 indicates that the router is downloading a software update. You may find the hub will reboot automatically after this is completed. This information can be found here. 

How long ago did you notice the lights change and have they made any further changes since? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

My hub shows the new software version as below:

AR01.04.055.06.07_040722_7245.PC20.10.LG.X1

However it's stuck on green light... 

Yeah the update has been downloaded, and it has already rebooted during this process. However, the green light (solid) is stuck. Sounds like another firmware update is needed...