cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4 Slow Ethernet Ports ?

Philinghorn
Tuning in

Hello,

I'm after a bit of advise before I phone VM Tech help, not sure if my Hub4 is faulty or its me 🙂 . I have recently been upgraded from M600 to 1Gig broadband with a new Hub4. Previously I had the Hub3, I don't use the Hubs wifi, I have a mesh. My issue is.. With the Hub3 before the upgrade my AppleTV box, which is connected via ethernet was getting a steady 600+Mbs constantly using the Ookla speed test app. Since the upgrade to Hub4 & 1Gig the AppleTV box is getting anywhere from 50Mbs to 350Mbs. I have also tried connecting a laptop via ethernet & again speeds are not constant & between 50Mbs & 450Mbs. Using the Samknows speed test I can see I'm getting 1Gig coming in to the router, but slower speeds out than with the Hub3. Everything is set up the same as with the old Hub3. Am I correct in assuming I should be getting constant ethernet speeds of at least 600Mbs &  I therefore have an issue with the ethernet ports on the Hub ?

Thanks for your time,

Phil

13 REPLIES 13

Thank you, I’ll give VM support a call when I get a chance. I’ll let you know how I get on.

Did you get this resolved? I’m having the exact same issue with same setup as yours. Tried different cables, different devices etc. 

Hi,

I didn’t get round to phoning VM. My ports (the one being used by Apple TV anyway) seem to be up to speed now. Just tested again now and getting download speeds on 900+. I’m guessing that maybe the ports needed a bit of time to “learn”/get up to speed. Sorry no definite answer.

All the best

phil

Ok thanks. Have an engineer coming out as something isn’t quite right. My hub3 was fine and gave full speeds across the network but not with the hub4