cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 why cant I find my raspberry pi even though I know the Ip address

davetomlinson1
Joining in

Hub3 why cant I find my raspberry pi even though I know the Ip address, I have two pi one I can log into the other I can't.

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi davetomlinson1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sounds like the device may have an issue, have you tried looking on thee manufacturer's website or forums?

Regards

Paul.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you using DHCP? Have you renamed one of the Pi as if you just install the OS both machines will have the same name. I have 8 Raspberry Pi and they give me no trouble.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
You need a better router with 1Gb ports and put the hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

VMCopperUser
Wise owl

What are the IP addresses?

Are they on the same subnet and IP Range?

Basically I am asking, is the first three sectons of the IP address the same on both?.

So like 192.168.1.28 and 192.168.1.56, or is it something completly different?

And.. Are said IP's fixed or do the Rasperry Pi's get the IP via DHCP?

If your PC has a IP of 192.168.1.3 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 then the PC can only see things from 192.168.1.1<->192.168.1.254 (192.168.1.0/24).

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Hey VMCopperUser, thank you for your post and for reaching out today. Did you manage to see if it was the device issue? I have a few tips and advice for you here.

As 5Ghz work better with my Raspberry have you tried to make sure that it connected only at this speed. (although for a lot of people it seems that 2.4Ghz is better with the Pi)

Another thing you could do is just keep the two SSID separate and connect to whichever is best.  You can give both sets of credentials to your other devices and let them 'band steer' themselves. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?