Menu
b_izabelaa
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Hub3 upgrade

Can someone from Virgin Media finally rwy to me please.I have been your customer for 11 years and have Hub2.The signal keeps dropping constantly and there is no coverage in upstairs rooms.I wanted to connect to Virgin Connect,but can not due to my Hub2 not being compatible.

I have been told I can swap my old Hub2 for Hub3,yet when I contacted you,I was told I have to upgrade to more expensive broadband.What is the point of offering me Virgin Connect when you do not give me means to use it.I have contacted you regarding wifi issues,had tests run,was told everything is OK,yet I have the same problem.Poor,dropping speed and no coverage upstairs.Every time I get to speak to your technician,I am told to reset the hub....how many times a day do you expect me to do it???I have sent feedbacks and complains,but didn't receive any reply.After being with you for so long,you will not swap my Hub2,yet all new customers get Hub3 or higher...very very disappointing service for long standing customers.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3 upgrade

Point 1: Might be the broadband connection

Loss of connection can be a simple signal power level or noise issue and those can be sorted without replacing the hub, and then we can look at wifi performance upstairs.  Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as text, not screen shots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

Point 2: If the Hub is faulty and the steps above don't show a connection problem (so don't do this before we've sorted out the stuff above)

VM have screwed up the supply of their own hubs, and that's the main reason they're reluctant to swap out your Superhub 2.

There are some around, but it seems the order has been given not to conduct replacements unless the existing hub is totally knackered.  Clearly the more expensive Hub 4 is available (that'll be with the higher price offer Gig 1 offer).  Don't "upgrade" to that.  However, there might be an option for you as follows:

Phone up VM, select options for stuff like "about my account", "thinking of leaving" and this should get you through to the customer retention team.  Explain that VM are too expensive, (check out alternatives on Uswitch before making the call) and the hub is crap, unless they sort both out you are leaving.  See what comes of that - play the game well and they will find a replacement hub and make your contract cheaper, if they won't then cancel (but like the alternatives, consider that before making the call).  But be careful if they try and sell you a faster package or bigger bundle with content or speed that you don't actually need, because these deals sound attractive, but when the discount ends the price will skyrocket.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos