cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 upgrade, can't order online

lilymabanta
Joining in

Hello,

Apparently I qualify for a free Hub3 upgrade, but the online order process won't complete. It says I must give a quick ring to go through the details.

A quick ring reveals estimated waiting times of an hour. Is there an even quicker way to achieve this?

At the moment I'm experiencing frequent dropouts of the 2G wireless signal so any improvement will be welcome.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

You can call or wait 7-10 days for a forum rep to reply here 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

At last I got through on the phone and asked about the hub upgrade.

It seems the offer is ended.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Usual CS speak. The offer may be suspended - simply because VM are having stock supply issues at the moment - waiting for the Ship from China to get through the Suez and dock in Felixstowe - I suspect. So they are being advised only to swap Hubs for faulty ones.

I suggest you try again convincing them that your Hub is faulty - or if wired connections from it are fine (are they) then put it in modem mode and get your own better quality wireless equipment to solve any wifi woes for all time.

Of course... should you SH1/2 suddenly stop working they will have to replace it for free !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @lilymabanta

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

Unfortunately as @jbrennand stated, we are only swapping hubs out at the moment, if there is a fault with the hub.

I cannot see any issues on your account, how is your connection running at the moment? Are you having any issues right now?

Regards

Steven_L

Hello,

I subsequently left Virgin Media and am currently making a complaint about being billed after termination.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @lilmabanta,

I am sorry to see that you have decided to leave us.

When you cancel with us you have to do a 30 days notice period, so you final bill would be a month after you cancelled with us.

Thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide