cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 lights

neoinwales
Joining in

Hi everybody,

I am confused about what Hub3's lights represent. Can somebody help to explain their meanings?

I enclosed 3 pics. The first one below is when I reboot the Hub3. It seems (my guess) the power is connected / internet connection is without issue / wifi is ready. 

hub3-1.jpg

and then, I begin to confuse. In the below pic, the power light turns white or yellowish. 

hub3-2.jpg

And it is just getting more confused. The below pic is normal condition after having rebooting or resetting, even though having some devices connected via wifi (even holding a mobile phone and standing next to the Hub 3).  

hub3-3.jpg

Can somebody tell me whether the 3rd pic is normal?

Many thanks,

Neo

15 REPLIES 15

Well spotted.

Regarding the link to what do these lights mean, a far more helpful answer from virgin would simply be some text describing each light's function.

Hi, when the hub is first turned on the bottom light will flash green while it is trying to find signal.  Once it has found signal it will then show the lights in pic 1 where it has locked onto DOCSIS 1 and is negotiating all 24 downstream channels for DOCSIS 3.  Once this is completed it will then go to picture 2 where the bottom light is White/Yellow (Sometimes a green phone symbol is present which shows 21CV is active).  If at this stage the arrows light start flashing it usually means a SW update is in progress and the hub will reboot when this is complete.  

Hope this helps

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

This is no use. Having issues with connection last night and today. Absolute shambles of a company. I need my wifi for home working tomorrow. No doubt have to travel in due this unlikely to get fixed. 

This is no use. Having issues with connection last night and today. Absolute shamble’s  of a company. I need my wifi for home working tomorrow. No doubt have to travel in due this unlikely to get fixed. 

Hi AllanB76,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you've had some connection issues. 

I've been able to look at things from our side and can see the hub is within the specifications we would expect. 

Are you able to disconnect some of the device connecting to WiFi currently? Does this improve things at all?

Alex_Rm