cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 lights

neoinwales
Joining in

Hi everybody,

I am confused about what Hub3's lights represent. Can somebody help to explain their meanings?

I enclosed 3 pics. The first one below is when I reboot the Hub3. It seems (my guess) the power is connected / internet connection is without issue / wifi is ready. 

hub3-1.jpg

and then, I begin to confuse. In the below pic, the power light turns white or yellowish. 

hub3-2.jpg

And it is just getting more confused. The below pic is normal condition after having rebooting or resetting, even though having some devices connected via wifi (even holding a mobile phone and standing next to the Hub 3).  

hub3-3.jpg

Can somebody tell me whether the 3rd pic is normal?

Many thanks,

Neo

15 REPLIES 15

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-do-the-lights-on-your-hub-mean

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Thanks for sharing the link. I visited before but it doesn't help much. If refers to the last pic (on the link page), it means "It looks like the Hub is online and working. This means it’s probably your device which is struggling to connect to your WiFi." But, it happens when I am holding a mobile phone and standing next to the Hub. If my phone is still struggling to connect to the wifi. It must mean something, either the phone or the Hub is having some problem. And, it is not just one phone. So, my logic conclusion is the Hub.

Phone in and report a possible faulty hub 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Thanks for the advice. 

I’m surprised it’s not overheating from that pic.

Mounting it sideways like that is blocking the airflow and ventilation.

The light issue has been like that since the installation. So, pretty sure not overheating related.

Whether it will be overheated overtime, may be possible, but not likely I reckon. Although it is not as good as standalone position, it has sufficient air flow to keep it from being overheated I believe.

Not really. The sides should be completely clear and free to allow airflow.

I agree. Having both sides completely clear is the best position. What I am trying to say was that it is not likely caused by overheating.

Looks like it's on bespoke bracket to me.

Same as mine, it allows a decent gap to the wall.

Virgin BB 55MB, Hub 3, Tenda Router, Stream Box - United Artists/Telewest/VM Since 1990