cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 in modem mode constantly dropping connection

dirkg
Tuning in

I've got my Hub3 set in modem mode and it keeps disconnecting all throughout the day. The Wi-Fi isn't dropping connection to the router. It also drops out whilst hardwired (conference calls are hard work). I've compared the upstream and downstream levels with other levels found on here and they seem fine. I've been monitoring with broadband quality monitor and most days look like the below.

This was the 30th June:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/bb677e0a575a91da2d13a0d39461eb1752b2ce65-30-06-2020

This was today:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b3b6c480fd9ea60202670bbe31e45359bea28a59-01-07-2020

So far

- Reset router

- Fitted a new virgin coax cable

- Cleaned and remade all the connections

- Turned on/off, that sort of thing

I don't know if this is the norm but if I restart the router, after a while I can no longer reach it on the local network to log in. It times out and I have to restart it to reach it again.

Any help would be much appreciated

25 REPLIES 25

Finchy70
On our wavelength

Initial swap out of hub 3 for hub 3 did not fix the issue. Now I have had the hub swapped out for a hub 4. This seems to have fixed my issues.  Issue seems to be hub 3 and modem mode. 

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping me updated, just to confirm is everything sorted now or do you still need our assistance? More than happy to help if so. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Finchy70
On our wavelength

All good at the moment. 

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Please do let me know if this changes as I am more than happy to help you. 

Have a fab evening 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi

I've also had my Hub 3 swapped out (for another hub 3), but it didn't fix the issue. How did you get your hub 4? I phoned them to request one, but there was no way they were prepared to send one out. I even offered to pay for it. As it is, I'm still stuck with the same issue I opened this topic with. If you've had no issues since the hub 4 replacement it seems to suggest that would also fix my problems.

Finchy70
On our wavelength

I’ve only had the Hub 4 for about 9 hours but no reboots yet.  I’ve seen many posts about this issue with the Hub 3 and modem mode. It’s probably due to some update in firmware rolled out over the last couple of months.