cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 & MS Teams calls & Wifi

davidjp81
Tuning in

Afternoon,

I have had this problem for a while but it needs to be resolved please! I was speaking to a friend who also has virgin and had the same issue and it is supposedly a known issue with the Hub3 (his issue was resolved with a hub5

When im on teams calls for work - doesnt matter if its Wireless or Ethernet connected (No VPNs) every few minutes the internet will cut out and then a few seconds later it will come back and then say i have poor signal (i have ran tracert pings on multiple machines and watched the connection cut out on everything). This has been happening for as long as i can remember, on 20th Oct 2022, i applied for the Super Hub 6 deal, and did not ever hear back on this as was hoping that would solve the issue if i got a new hub.

The Wifi is not great around the house, it often cuts out and says no internet and then comes back online, or when im streaming the picture will go massively pixelated for about 30 seconds then come back to normal.

I tried using the Virgin connect app but it doesnt pick up the Hub3 at all so cant do any Wifi tests in other rooms.

This has been driving me crazy!

Please Help

Thanks

David

22 REPLIES 22

im on the M125 package 

Thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The BQM looks good - no dropouts evident in the last 24 hours. Have you actually lost connection on any ethernet cabled (not wfi) connected devive during that time period. If so what do the logs report around that time point?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi,

I have had a few calls on MS Teams today where they have been losing connection for 4-5 seconds and then come back, which is the main issue as these are work calls

ive noticed it less than usual but i did reset the router to default the other night before i started the BQM

Cheers

Like many of my other replies... This reply will also be deleted but hey ho.

It wont get better with Hub 5 as Ive been through the same chaos, the only difference you will get is lack od red drops on BQM but the issue with Teams, and even google meets will remain the same - bare in mind I um using wired connection for my conference calls and it still drops out.. In fact often U can't even join teams (the only one in my team who has VM and I am the only one with such problems) My 1Gig on now Hub5 package suffers this issue for long time now and not getting ant help. There us slight imprivement with wifi signal but very minimal 

Im thinking of getting new router but some people here suggested that it wont help as curcuit needs fixing 1st and othere saying it will help so I have mixed feelings....

Good luck

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@davidjp81 wrote:

Hi,

I have had a few calls on MS Teams today where they have been losing connection for 4-5 seconds and then come back, which is the main issue as these are work calls

Is that on an ethernet cable connected device?  Anything in the logs at that time - e.g. T timeouts ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi davidjp81,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband service. 

Can you confirm if this issue is on a Wired connection?

^Martin

Hi,

Can confirm that the laptop that drops out during teams meetings is on a wired connection

Thanks

@jbrennand wrote:
The BQM looks good - no dropouts evident in the last 24 hours. Have you actually lost connection on any ethernet cabled (not wfi) connected devive during that time period. If so what do the logs report around that time point?

Can't say I agree with you there, John.  The BQM davidjp81 posted shows repeated big latency spikes, and Teams (or gaming for that matter) will really struggle with those.  Even between the major spikes, the maximum latency fringes say between 09:30 and 11:00 are pretty nasty. 

Now, if you want nice, low, steady latency, then you don't go to Virgin Media:

My Broadband Ping - Aquiss/Openreach 330 Mbps

calls are still dropping for 4-5 seconds on a wired connection

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b75e0e0ccbf93c568faf88e9b4e680c381...

alot of latency..

This is the problem... How can you tell that such BQM looks good?

What sort of user are you? Are you using your broadband to just scroll throug FB or are you modern user where your work relies on broadband, where you household relies on broadband (CCTV, Smart home appliances and infrastructure?)

His BQM looks garbage to be polite. Mine is better than his and I get the same problems, liturelly just finished teams call where I keot being kicked out every few minutes. VM infrastructure needs upgrading BIG TIME as in way too many cases it can not support modern households! Time to face it!

1Gig pavkage is a massive examole of misseling the product - package advertised for gaming where latency and ping on average is well over 100ms... Yes... On WIRED CONNECTION!!!!!!!!!!!