cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 Router - Constant Red light. Intermittent connection dropping. Not overheating.

DjMonkeyUK
Joining in

Hi there,

For a about a week or so my Hub3 router went from the amber light to a red light. I searched online and saw it could be overheating, but I've had this router and contract for about 18 months now and it has stayed in the same spot for all of that time. It's in an open area and it is standing upright. When I touch it, it doesn't feel too hot.

I also ran a diagnosis on the 192.168.0.1 page and the report came back that it was running at a normal temperature.

Further more - I have noticed over the last week that my connection has been dropping intermittently, which can be a bit annoying particularly with video calls when working from home. I can't help but think it might be related to this issue with the router.

I'm a bit stuck on what to do. I've gone through all the BOT suggestions, restarted the hub, checked cables, etc. Based on seeing some other posts on here I feel I may need an engineer or a replacement.

2 REPLIES 2

DjMonkeyUK
Joining in

I have just been through the WhatsApp customer service, and an engineer has been booked. No need to respond to this, but I may keep the thread open incase I need further assistance

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DjMonkeyUK,

Welcome to our Community and thanks for the update 🙂 The technician will be able to get the router replaced for you.

Let us know how the visit goes so we can offer further support if needed.

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs