Menu
londonboy73
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub3 DNS & guest changes???

Ive had the hub 3 for about 2 weeks. What a useless gui !!

how can I change my dns ???

how can I change my guest wifi to filter/timings/ anything!!!

what a completely lousy box.... is there any reason I can't go back to my original hub?

0 Kudos
londonboy73
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3 DNS & guest changes???

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@londonboy73 you would need to change the DNS manually on each device, since couldn't do this on the previous hub, if you've upgraded to 300mbps+ tier would need the hub3 since previous hubs aren't compatible, if you still have the previous hub could chat with broadband support and ask for it be reactivated

also as far as i know you cant time limit the guest network on the hub, as for the GUI totally agree
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
londonboy73
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. I had original hub. It had it's moments, but the gui was a lot more advanced. You could time limit by mac, and dns changes were simple. We've on the 100mbps. Unfortunately, in SE London, we are on the inherited ntl fibre which was inherited from telewest, which in turn was inherited from croydon, which was dug in the ground by videotron.... which is flaky beyond belief... something in me resent having to have a router lijmping in modem mode and having to put my hand in my pocket to buy a.n.other router.... 

0 Kudos