cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 Constant Red Light

LGRAH
Joining in

My Hub3 has had a constant red light for a month now, contacted VM customer service and told nothing wrong with connection and told its because there has been VM TV issues in my area and I don't have TV which is why it's red. That's not ringing true, they put a monitor on my service for 24 hours but no one got back in touch and it's still red. I've had the hub 10 months and it was always white before, its not hot and I've tried pin hole resets, reboots, everything suggested and it's still red. VM customer service didn't seem very interested but everything I search says red light is an issue. No idea what to do with the hub now or if its an issue.

11 REPLIES 11

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @LGRAH, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the solid red light on the Hub 3, and thank you for running diagnostics in your own time to remedy this issue.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner, and I'll arrange for a hub replacement for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi I’m having the same issue, tried resets and pin reset also reboots but still constant red light and Wi-Fi off more than it’s on

thanks 

jospow
Joining in

...And I'm having this issue too!  Solid red light for about 2 weeks now.  Unreliable connectivity and connection speed.  I've tried all the recommended steps but nothing seems to help.  Router is well ventilated and only slightly warm to the touch.  I'd be very grateful if someone in support could contact me to get this resolved.

Many thanks

Hi @ms002d8780 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your services and have the red light warning. 

Some times this can be caused by a LED error on the router that can be resolved by a full pin hole reset. 

Please can you try a full 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi @jospow 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you're also having issues with your services and have the red light warning. 

I have checked the systems at our side and can't see any issues that could be potentially causing your broadband issues. 

Can you please try the same full pin hole reset as advised above. Some times the red light is caused by a LED error on the router that can be resolved by a full pin hole reset. 

Please can you try a full 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I received a super quick response from the forum team and an engineer was booked for this morning to replace the hub. He mentioned that this sometimes happens with the hubs when they overheat and unfortunately they just don't reset back to the white light so a replacement hub is needed.

New hub installed and all up and running. Back to the normal white light again.

Thank you @David_Bn for you quick help on this!

Thanks for the quick response Carley.

I've performed the full reset and the light is still red.  Connection speed also seems poor.

Please advise!  Many thanks

Sorry to hear this has not worked for you @jospow 

We'll investigate this further. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi done pin test and no different, red light still on