Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub upgrade

Hi,

So, I have been suffering from 5g drop out on my wifi modem which is a Super Hub 2. Reviewing similar issues on this forum which suggested getting a free Super Hub 3 replacement , I decided to register for a replacement.

Having gone through the web page to request a "free" upgrade I was then redirected to a confirmation page to select delivery date. This also highlighted that my new monthly payment would go up by £9 a month. No options just to get the hub for free.

Any suggestions how to get a replacement modem without getting the run around or paying £9 extra when I already pay for full sport, cinema, phone and 200 broadband?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub upgrade

Hi you can log into your virgin media account and use the chat to request a replacement modem to be sent to you by post

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Dear Customer

My name is Kieran from technical support. 

Could you kindly forward me the following and I will arrange a quick start super hub 3 to be sent via post. 

Account number or landline number 

Full address and postcode

Full name

Kind regards

Kieran 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello there im trying to get the free superhub 3 upgrade online and it keeps saying “opps” and i have tried calling and have been waiting for over an hour and a half, i have been using the super hub 1 since i started my contract with virgin 2 years ago, my super hub 1 is so slow and when it is cut off unexpectidly (my electricity runs out) it becomes even slower and sometimes just shows on all devices that there is no internet connection, i have a lot of devices in my home and the superhub 1 just cannot keep up, is there anyway you could send a superhub 3 via post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi utxlise,

Thanks for posting, 

I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to get through to upgrade your hub,

I've popped you over a private message so I can help with this. (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 upgrade delivery and service upgrade

I have tried to obtain a free Hub 3  upgrade from the original super hub. The upgrade was ordered on 10 May 2020 can somebody help please?

I have a ref and order receipt number plus an email stating the delivery will change to "<insert date>". Is this actually going to happen?

I only ask if it is going to happen as I also requested a upgrade to 200mbs on 02nd June 2019 I have an order receipt and number. This also has not been delivered.

Not sure if I want the service upgrade since VM upgraded me on 20/03/2020 to 100mbs quote "We’ve moved you from M70 to M100 Fibre Broadband,
at no extra cost. And you don’t need to do anything else."

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 upgrade delivery and service upgrade

Hi Muss60

Thanks for posting and apologies for the delayed reply. 

I can see you've spoke to the team regarding this since posting. They've sent you a new hub 3. Please let us know how the new hub is or if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos