cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub says it’s working but no Wi-Fi

vBarrett
Tuning in
  • I have no Wi-Fi - went through all the help steps, it’s saying my hub isn’t set up correctly but it is. The light is on, it doesn’t change colour when I’ve disconnected it and switch’s it back on.

have been trying to fix this for two hours now.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do you have connectivity on an ethernet cable connected device? If not...

Can you check first for any “known network faults - try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi vBarrett,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you have had no internet connection due to the Router not showing online, I was able to find you on our system with the details we have for you and can see you do have a technician booked however your Router is still showing as offline, is your Internet currently working?

Regards

Paul.

Hi there

I have no wifi still, and am using my data allowance to work, I have broken my arm and have to work from home. I appreciate its a 'first world problem' but the lack of wifi has made me feel even more isolated than I already was and my ability to do my job is restricted and also costly as I have to keep topping up my data.

I am extremely disappointed it is going to to take Virgin just shy of a week to come out and fix the problem.

Thank you for the reply - I have tried all of that and other virgin networks appear to be working in my nearby area, the problem appears to be the hub itself.

Best wishes,

Victoria

Hey @vBarrett,
Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your hub and trying to connect to WiFi at the moment. I can see that you have spoken to the team since you last posted and a technician visit has been raised for this.

Please let us know how the visit goes.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L