Menu
sweevouk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hub reset itself to defaults. 8 digit password on underside does not work!!!

Not sure if the hub has been upgraded but as of this morning the settings password I had set no longer works. The login page page looks completely different to how I remember it and it's even asking me to:

Please choose your language to continue.

I've tried using the 8 digit pin/password on the underside but the web UI tells me the password is incorrect.

The wifi password has reset back to the factory default so all of our devices were having problems.

What's going on here Virgin Media ?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub reset itself to defaults. 8 digit password on underside does not work!!!

Do a pinhole reset to factory settings. Push the pin in to its stop point and hold for a "timed" 40 seconds do NOT restart the router after that. The password and network ssid's will revert to those on the Hubs sticker or card. N.B. there are 2 passwords/passphrases - one is for logging onto the wifi and the other is for logging onto the Hub to change its settings etc.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
sweevouk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub reset itself to defaults. 8 digit password on underside does not work!!!

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I did the 40 second reset and nothing has changed. The default WiFi password is working but I still can't login to the device using 8 digit password on the underside of the device.

Any further suggestions or do I need a new hub?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

While you await ForumTeam response, Post (ALL*) your NetworkLog via RouterStatus option (you don't need Admin GUIaccess) . - NB[*] .However make sure you redact(last low order octet/3 digits) personal specific CM Mac/IP details.

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
sweevouk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

How do I do that? I see no options to on the page i'm served up via http://192.168.0.1/

virginhub.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@sweevouk wrote:

How do I do that? I see no options to on the page i'm served up via http://192.168.0.1/

virginhub.png

You may need to explore your OS/browser and add-ons(possibly even resorting to SAFE+ NETWORK  boot of your PC/end device):   

Screenshot 2018-12-06 at 12.06.58.jpg 

good luck

[EDIT: Unfortunately I won't be on your TFTP/Production Hub firmware(eg 9.1.116.608 or  9.1.116V)  so I can't personally recreate your external FR at the . moment)

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
sweevouk
Tuning in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I don't think it's anything to do with my devices/setup. I did used to get that page you posted above but now I no longer get that anymore, ie since the hub reset itself the other day.

I've tried to login from a Mac and a Tablet and have used several different browsers on each and I get the same login page everytime.

I don't know if it's a clue but I also get a page asking me to select a language.

virginhub2.png

Thanks for trying to help out but it would be nice if the official Virgin support people could respond.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@sweevouk wrote:

I've tried to login from a Mac and a Tablet and have used several different browsers on each and I get the same login page everytime.

Thanks for trying to help out but it would be nice if the official Virgin support people could respond.

My example was MBP Mojave (10.14.1)  with Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit) and also iPad IOS 12.1

Trialling SH3/Hub3 over various Trial/Production f/w since 2015 then certainly some NMS firmware pushes (including most recent Smart WiFi release has required fresh POR (NOT A FR!!!) after 30minute Power Off  (quiescent  wait) to successfully "re-initialise" configuration. Since you attempted more than 1 external FR then you should  be back to Poduction f/w only.....   Sometimes . quicker/cheaper for Level2/ForumTeam to dispatch a replacement Hub3 anyway....    Smiley Happy

ForumTeam response normally between 2 - 10days (unless any of Forum Team/Mods are shadowing me again?  Smiley Tongue  )    

Regards Tony
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@sweevouk wrote:

I think that if you dont see the "router status" text icon it means that you have never logged into the settings before.  So you will need to put the password in to get the data.  I can only suggest you do the pinhole reset again exactly as I described earlier (dont restart the Hub) and then try both of the passwords on the Hub's card.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
sweevouk
Tuning in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have logged into the hub many times prior to this mysterious reset. I changed the wifi password and checked for connected devices etc. The hub is only 2 months old as I moved house.

I'll try another reset when I get home.

0 Kudos