cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub regularly losing connection, keeps resetting

Colinrywi
On our wavelength

I have a hub 3.0 in modem mode, works perfectly fine for weeks on end then in the last week has disconnected at various times of the day, usually for approx 10 minutes however Sunday, Wednesday & yesterday it went off at about 8pm for approx 45 minutes, usually i'd toe the party line and reboot  modem reseat the cables ect ect. however as this never actually resolves anything, (because there is nothing wrong with my equipment). I've let the hub reconnect on its own which it always does, I'm tired of trying to get anything out of Virgin to admit they are just taking it down, this is is fibre cable, it doesn't get noise on the line so if the line disconnects, Virgin are either doing something or the line is faulty an Virgin need to come out and replace it. I've got several interviews next week, and last thing I need is for Virgin to keep taking the line down. 

50 REPLIES 50

Colinrywi_0-1627037200442.png

Yes this is totally acceptable, really hope the engineer can fix this, booked between 12 and 4 pm. in the last 18 hours its been down longer than its been up. 

Hi Colinrywi,

Thanks for coming back to us, when the technician comes he will need the Router to be in Router mode so if you can remove your 3rd party Router before the Technician attends that would be best.

Regards

Paul.

Colinrywi
On our wavelength

Whilst this seems a bit pointless as the only reason to use router mode is for wi-fi, which is not what the issue is, I have however have done what you have asked. (all this now does is broadcast the Virgin wi-fi SID and use a slightly different Public IP).

The issue is somewhere between the Hub and the V1 exchange the signal is continually dropping out. 

look forwards to the engineer coming out,

Hi Colin,

Thank you, the reason this has to be removed is our technicians aren't able to touch 3rd party equipment, once he had been you can put the Router back in Modem mode and put yours back on no problem.

I understand a lot of people including myself do us a 3rd party Router.

Regards

Paul.

Colinrywi
On our wavelength

Ok the Technician has just left, The upshot is that we have old cabling from the road to our property, which is a not capable of handling the signal currently servicing Camberley, He has added an additional booster to the line in the house to hopefully keep us going for now, and we have more engineers coming out to run new thicker cable to the house from the street. will keep updating this in the meantime, but we are now waiting for the 6th of August. 

Colinrywi_0-1627048436160.png

hopefully the Red will start to disappear now, fingers crossed 

Hi Colin,

Fingers crossed the steps the technician has taken for now will at least improve things until the congestion issue is resolved.

Regards

Paul.

Colinrywi
On our wavelength

this is more like it.

Colinrywi_0-1627208999776.png

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Colinrywi,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue and for providing us all with an update. 

I'm glad to see that there have been no drop outs in the last 24 hours of your service! Please keep us updated on how you get on and if you need any further help with this issue.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks everyone, So far no drop outs at all, this is with 2 boosters on the line, hopefully when the new cable is fitted to the house we can then get that reduced back down to one