cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub red light

Kevman
Joining in

Hi ,my Wi-Fi hub has a permanent red light on , it is not hot and not in a confined space, I have tried rebooting it but is still there , can anyone help please

3 REPLIES 3

Portery
Fibre optic

The red light light can pop up on a number of occasions.   Depending on the age of the hub eventually white light can fail and red becomes default.

Checks you can do.

Make sure all the cable are secure on the hub or splitter.

Do a simple reboot switch off at the mains for 15 sec and switch on give at least 15 for the reboot to preform.

Is the hub hot when you touch it .

Your Hub works best when it is out in the open. By keeping it out of cabinets, next to TV’s rather than behind them and away from fish tanks, this will allow the hub’s signal to cover a greater area and provide a better WiFi connection. Virgin recommended not keeping your hub too close to cordless gadgets, such as wireless speakers, baby monitors and cordless phones as these can interfere with WiFi. Allow at least a metre of clearance for best performance.

It's also important to keep your Hub 3 upright, with its light facing out towards the room. This means that the signal travels out into the room, and not into the floor.

Do a check on the service checker to see if there is a fault in the area https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/service-status/address-identification/identify. If you have 3 green ticks click on still having issues and guide yourself through the self help.

Hi ,thank you to getting back to me,I have tried rebooting and it is in an open space with nothing else around it ,it is not hot at all and no reported faults in the area

Hi there @Kevman 

Thank you so much for your post and for trying these fixes for us. 

I'm going to pop you a PM now so we can arrange an engineer to come and take a look for us, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again.