cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub rebooting every night between midnight and 1 a.m.

Goonagain
Tuning in

Think I posted this before but problem persists, Hub reboots and TV looses service every night, all services resume after 10 mins or so but it is very annoying. this has been happening since my new hub installation.

8 REPLIES 8

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Maybe VM are doing noise checks
---------------------------------------------------------------

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Goonagain, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that it is disconnecting and this is not the experience we want you to have. 

Can you confirm if this is still happening?

Kind regards, Chris. 

As confirmed earlier - yes this is still happening, I was advised by Gareth_L to perform a reset  - which I did, this seemed to stop all activity on the hub completely,  so reset the hub - no change - did another factory  reset and 4- 5 reboots of hub, I now have some internet but less than 10% of what it should be ( I am supposed to be on the 1gb service) but I have never even seen 50% of this advertised and paid for speed. The most I have ever seen is around 350mbs. download and 50mbs upload. I will wait and see if the factory resets performed today have the desired effect but I have my doubts.. 

Just an update - I found out today that all recordings I scheduled for the past couple of days have failed, I think this may have been fixed after I switched off and on the 360 box and TV itself. It would have been good to have been advised to do this after the factory reset on hub. Not sure if the hub going off and on at midnight has resolved the problem as I was out.

Further update:-

Factory resets made absolutely no difference  apart from costing me an hour or so and losing my recorded programs, re-booting still happening - thanks! any further suggestions?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Goonagain,

Thank you for coming back to us and I'm very sorry to hear that you're still having some issues with your services! 

I've taken a look at our systems and I cannot see any local issues that could be impacting your connection. However, I can see that there's some issues with your upstream and downstream power levels. This could be causing the ongoing problems with your Hub and connections. 

As we're unable to rectify this issue remotely, so a technician appointment would be needed. I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Goonagain,
Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for ongoing broadband connection issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Goonagain,

Thanks for coming back to me via Private Message. Glad to hear that you're happy with your appointment date, and that you've been able to amend the appointment time to a better suited one for yourself.

Keep us updated on how you get on and if you need any further help or assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team