cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub power levels

Donnieb3007
Tuning in

After my own investigation with issues with my work VoIP phone is it possible for someone from virgin to look at the power levels into my hub.

This VoIP phone has worked perfectly with 3 other broadband service providers but the phone resets on average 3 times in a 4 hour period with virgin broadband since installed in December.  I have tried all the usual fixes included replacing all VoIP hardware over the last 3 months.

Is it possible to get virgin to look at the power level input into the hub, I'm under the impression that this can sometimes be an issue?

• Thanks
25 REPLIES 25

Yes the mitel device was replaced for new in an attempt to resolve but still having the same issue.  Like I previously stated this setup works perfectly with 3 other broadband suppliers but not virgin.

One of my wife's collegues is having the same issue and her supplier is also virgin 

Use hub in modem mode with a better router having 1Gb ports

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @Donnieb3007 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

Your levels are in spec and no issues found. 

Please can you set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for coming back to us Donnieb3007, I have looked into this and cannot see any issues as confirmed by John, its the same from our side. 

How has your connection been running since you last posted, any improvements at all?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi

Still the same issue with the VoIP phone dropouts unfortunately.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Donnieb3007, thanks for the update and sorry to see the VoIP issue is ongoing.
On our latest checks we found no issues with the service or hub, could you please advise if the drop-outs are present on any other devices connecting to the network other than the VoIP calls made?

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

What ports is the VOIP Phone using for in-bound SIP and RTP ?

If there are multiple VOIP phones, share the ports for each device.

Hi

As far as I am aware the dropouts are only on the VoIP device, as previously mentioned this has only started happening when virgin was installed and I have fully swapped all the VoIP hardware