cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub power levels

Donnieb3007
Tuning in

After my own investigation with issues with my work VoIP phone is it possible for someone from virgin to look at the power levels into my hub.

This VoIP phone has worked perfectly with 3 other broadband service providers but the phone resets on average 3 times in a 4 hour period with virgin broadband since installed in December.  I have tried all the usual fixes included replacing all VoIP hardware over the last 3 months.

Is it possible to get virgin to look at the power level input into the hub, I'm under the impression that this can sometimes be an issue?

• Thanks
25 REPLIES 25

g0akc
Problem sorter

Go to the hub status pages at 192.168.0.1

No need to login

The power levels should be shown there - copy and paste them here, without any personal information

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Thanks for the reply.

I vent to the router menu, you need to enter the password but there is no way of seeing the power levels into the hub on the menu.

We have Cisco VOIP kit, 3 VOIP numbers operating via a VM Hub 3 in Router mode.

Virgin Media's VOIP phone service attached to the RJ11 port of the Hub appears to use SIP ALG and the default inbound SIP port 5060.

If the office VOIP phone also uses the same inbound SIP port 5060 there may be a conflict to resolve.

Our VOIP provider Sipgate advises use of non standard inbound SIP ports and wide range of RTP ports to resolve this common situation.

Hub 3 network stats are available

1) Before login, look for Check router status it is below the login dialogue box.

2) When logged in at : Advanced settings >>> Tools >>> Network status

Which ever method has the same info.

Hey Donnieb3007,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection, have you been able to access the power levels from your hub menu with the help from Client62?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

The office VOIP phone was the issue, Hub power levels are the rabbit hole.

Good afternoon

I have a hub 4 and have not been able to access the power levels, I did find a comment on another post stating that there may be an issue plugging a cable into the hub using a true VoIP phone.  My wife's setup uses 2 solwise home plugs, one plugged into the router the other into a mitel 5320 phone.  The issue she has is it drops connection around once per hour resconnects the phone cassing a call dropout.

I was looking to check the power input to the hub but cannot see where to do this. I assumed this is something which a virgin admin/engineer would do?

Thanks for your help so far

As a piece of further info this setup has previously worked seamlessly with BT, Talktalk and O2 5g.  It has only been since moving to virgin I've had the issue 

Thank you for that information. Have you been able to try another handset to see if this issue continues? 

^Martin