forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
JamieHB
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub password unknown and not resetting

As far as I know, I've never changed my Hub 3.0 'Settings password' but the password code printed on my Hub is apparently not correct, so I can't access settings. Factory reset does not resolve the issue. Have I been hacked? Can somebody please help? 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub password unknown and not resetting

I doubt you have been hacked.

Try resetting the Hub using this method, it may take two or three resets for it to reset fully ...

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once the lights are stabilised check your system again.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub password unknown and not resetting

Make sure you are using the correct password.

Hub-3-Password

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos