cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub password not working

Shazbat2008
Joining in

Hi, I recently got a Hub 4 upgrade with 1 GIG volt , the connection is unstable and dropping constantly so I tried logging in to the router but the password underneath is saying wrong password? 
Before anyone asks I am inputting the correct password not the Wi-Fi one, anyone else got or had this issue and any advice how to sort the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help given😊

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Hero

If you press the RESET button for 60 seconds to trigger a factory reset does that get the Hub 4 to accept the password from the sticker ?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You do not have to login to the hub to get stats.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Tried that didn’t work? If I try contacting VM turns into a nightmare waiting on a WhatsApp from previous experience, I’m unable to change anything if I don’t log in, or am I wrong after reading the post after yours? Am I able to get all stats without log in, not really use to this kind of thing to be honest but the pathetic speeds I’m getting and constant dropping of internet is driving my young son with Autism nuts so in turn driving me nuts too, thanks for your input x

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Shazbat2008, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and a warm welcome to our community.
We're sorry to hear of the issues faced with your service and the stress this has caused to your family, we appreciate this is not the experience we want for our customers.

For accessing your hub's settings please visit our page here to view the process step-by-step and test this, you'll find these at the bottom of our link.
In case the settings password is not working the only way to fix this would be to perform a pin-hole reset on the hub as seen here.

About your question regarding hub stats, you're able to run speed tests and get some results over this link here and here.

Please, let us know if the above are of help.

We'll be happy to advise more depending on what stats and values you're looking for, we can also look into running some checks to identify if there's an issue with the WiFi or the overall service received.
From our latest updates there are no area faults affecting you, as you experience drop outs can you tell us if this happens on all, some or just one specific device and how often?
Also, do the devices lose connection all at the same time or other?

Do you have any weak or blind spots in the house as found on our VM Connect App when scanning the property for those as seen on this page?
Please, share more and we're eager to best assist you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs