cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 'not connected properly'

jandacooper
Up to speed

My wifi appears to be working, but the connection to my home in ST1 appears to have failed. Usual tests have resulted in no apparent local problems, and testing my hub failed to resolve the issue, saying my hub isn't connected properly. The house phone shows the line failure, too. Anyone else got this in my area?

Engineer booked for Tuesday

38 REPLIES 38

...and further, further - I've just had a phone text from 07800 002204 telling me to expect an engineer visit between 0800 and 1200 on Tuesday 21st June. To the best of my knowledge, I have no arranged this, so again, I hope this info helps you all. Cheers, J&AC

Today, fyi

jandacooper_0-1655569421178.png

Hi jandacooper

Thanks for coming back to us, please let us know how the engineer visit goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Will do.
jandacooper

A VM Engineer attended this morning, listened to my lengthy explanation, and carried out some tests to establish what was happening. Physical connection failures were suspected, and as a result the cable and fittings were replaced. They were the original NTL installation I suspect, so rather old.

This does appear to have put things back where they should be, so all does seem well. Fingers firmly crossed.

As ever, thank you all for your help. 

Hmm. Speeds far from consistent, here's a link to mt latest Monitor livehttps://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/2564ea7d45b431bcc3a31088e277d9a1eff15b8c

Hi @jandacooper thanks a lot for your post and keeping us updated.

How have things been over the last couple of days, I've ran checks on my side and all appears to be running within specifications?

Please keep us posted.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Well, matters are much improved in general, especially after the current hot spell.

Thanks all for your help.

No problem @jandacooper and we are so happy that we were able to help.

Please do pop back to the forums in the future should you need anything. 

Thanks again.