cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 'not connected properly'

jandacooper
Up to speed

My wifi appears to be working, but the connection to my home in ST1 appears to have failed. Usual tests have resulted in no apparent local problems, and testing my hub failed to resolve the issue, saying my hub isn't connected properly. The house phone shows the line failure, too. Anyone else got this in my area?

Engineer booked for Tuesday

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure what tests you have done but the number to check for local issues is 0800 561 0061. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure what tests you have done but the number to check for local issues is 0800 561 0061. 

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Check your service status by calling 0800 5610061. If it's OK try pinhole resetting your hub for at least 20 seconds.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure what tests you have done but the number to check for local issues is 0800 561 006. 

You are a 1 short on the phone number 😎

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup realised that to my horror having seen Roger's post. Noted ta 😊👍

Thank you all for the replies, I have checked the number, no issues.

Done the pinhole push reset, the mains off and on reset, 3 or 4 times, and left the hub off for a couple of hours before trying the reboot again so it could cool (usually always on) 

The wireless connection to devices works, the broadband doesn't, nor does my home phone (obv) TV unaffected.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check your cables and connections are tight and secure and not kinked or damaged. 

Log in to your hub via 192.168.0.1 and copy all the tables from all of the tabs under Advanced Settings here. We can comment but the VM engineer coming on Tuesday will probably be the answer here. 

The link appears not to load at all, gets to about 10% then stops.

Thank you once more, disappointingly, I'll await the engineer and perhaps a replacement hub? No one appears to have compromised the cabling in any way.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using your own router? If so the address is 192.168.100.1 

No, its a Hub 4 (white led ring around it)