cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub fried after lightning storm

astaley01
Joining in

Hello - 

I am hoping someone from virgin will see this as the call centres are totally useless. No wifi since Monday morning after a lightening strike in our street overnight  - called on Monday and booked engineer for Saturday. 

Engineer appointment cancelled by virgin media as they believe their engineer in the area today would fix the issue. Please understand my hub is FRIED - I need a new one. 

Any ideas on how get through to these people as it is like talking to a brick wall. Next engineer appointment now is offered on Tues next week; do they not understand we have businesses to run from home? Engineer will be pointless without new hub

Please can anyone from Virgin assist here

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The board is not the primary fault reporting system, it’s better to phone because it will be 2 or 3 days before a VM staff member gets to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Believe me, Tudor. I have called them several times. Every-time they tell me something different and there is absolutely no accountability. 

Hi astaley01,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your hub and the issue with your service. 

If the team now have an appointment for Monday, we wouldn't be able to get anyone out sooner. 

Sadly you would need to wait for that visit. 

^Martin

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@astaley01 wrote:

Any ideas on how get through to these people as it is like talking to a brick wall. Next engineer appointment now is offered on Tues next week; do they not understand we have businesses to run from home? 

No they don't understand,  because you aren't paying for a business service.  You have no service guarantee with Virginmedia. 

If you need to be connected without breaks, do what the rest of us do and arrange for a backup service. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks, Pal. Super helpful 👏🏻

Hey astaley01, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you've had some connection issues.

I have taken a look at our side and I can see you have speaking to our team and they have organised you a tech to come out and take a look at this.

Please can you let me know how this went. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?