cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub diagnostic brings up these issues

bassplayerrob
Tuning in

Did a diagnostic on my Hub3 and got this, can anyone help me understand what it means? we are having constant internet drops and its nearly impossible to get hold of VM.

Can I contact virginmedia through the forum, i think i need a new router or to try the Hub 4 

fingers crossed someone can help  

Your home network has a few problems.

Checking Broadband Service

Checking Telephone Service

Checking Ethernet Connections

Checking WiFi Connections

If you still think something is wrong, please check the following
1Gateway IPv4 address is valid.
2Your broadband connection is working.
3Your broadband connection is ready.
4The temperature of your Hub 3.0 is normal.
5The status of telephone line 1 is not ready.
6The status of telephone line 2 is not ready.
7The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
8The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
9The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
10The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
11The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
12The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
13The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
14The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
15The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
16The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
17The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are your internet drops happening only on wifi devices? What happens on devices connected by ethernet cable ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Use hub in modem mode and get a better wireless router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there, I'm having the same issues listed above. The 'internet drops' are only occurring on mobile devices. When gaming on a console and a pc via either a wireless or a wired connection, I have not experienced any drop outs. During the 'drop out' an exclamation mark appears next to the WiFi symbol displayed at the top of our mobile devices and a connection will be re-established within the next few minutes. This issue has been occurring over the past couple months alongside increased ping, however there has been no effect on down/upload speeds. When running a speedtest, the results don't show ping above 30ms however, what I experience when gaming is ping that averages above 60ms and often reaches to 150ms+. I use a TPLink wifi booster when gaming that is wired to my console/pc (depending on the device I am currently using) and the issues occur whether or not I am using this wifi booster. This issue hasn't always occurred which is what lead me to believe there is something at fault, I used to obtain perfect wifi signals that allowed me to even live stream while gaming. I used the 'Network Diagnostic Tool' on the VM Quick Set-Up Wizard and there is an error sign that appears next to 'Checking WiFi Connections' however it doesn't tell me what the issue is or how to go about fixing it. Hoping I could get some help on here! 

Thanks