cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub de-provisioned?

rngorman
Tuning in

Hi my internet has stopped working. I have a just updated my contract last week, and have a new router sitting waiting for me when I get back from holiday. We currently have house sitters so I need the internet to be operating. Could the old hub 3 have been de-provisioned? 

(Can’t raise any support any social channel this morning and can’t phone.)

8 REPLIES 8

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

its certainly possible - there is usually a time frame for the hub to be switched over - get you house sitter to swap the hubs over if they are happy to do that- at best it will just work - at worst they will have to ring the activation line

0800 953 9500

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks Tony, that reinforces my suspicions. Not as easy though to just plug in the new one as both SSD and password would need to be changed to avoid hours of setting up sign ins with two factor and all that…easier to ask virgin to re-provision the hub for another few days - well if I could get hold of anyone - can anyone on here help? 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

VM ignore new posts for 48 hours [at least] - stated reason is it gives the community time to add some help - mods and vips can flag threads for a quicker pickup - sadly i cannot do that these days - will try flagging it to a mod and see if that helps 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rngorman,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear your internet has stopped working since upgrading your service. If you have had an equipment change, then as Tony has mentioned, your services will automatically update accordingly. 

I've had a look on our side, and it does appear that there is a piece of equipment receiving a signal. Have you been able to resolve this, or are you still looking to re-provision your Hub 3?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece, after thinking about it, it was easier to get my house sitter to plug in the new hub and just use the new default sign in credentials for any connections they need till I get back. I can then change the ssd and password settings back so I don’t have re sign in everything. I hadn’t anticipated that the old hub would be de-provisioned before the new hub had been plugged in.  I guess my connect app will sort itself out once it detects I’m back on the same Wi-Fi network as the new hub? 

cheers

Richard

Yes, the connect app should recognise the new router once you connect your device to the Virgin Media network and work as normal. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks Carly, I’m all good now. Had to go round all my devices though as the connect app wouldn’t let be use my old SSID and password as it said it was ‘reserved’ when I tried to update the default credentials ( and I couldn’t find a way round it) …so spent most of yesterday afternoon signing in to all my internet connected devices again 😴

Hope I didn’t miss a simple solution…or hope Virgin add a way to do this in the future. 

Hi @rngorman

Thanks for your response

Great to hear you're back up and running now, be sure to contact us if you require any assistance in the future

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs