cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub constant red light

GregSalmon85
Joining in

Hi there.

For a few months my Hub 3.0 has had a red light. From reading on the forum it sounds like that is a sign of over-heating, although it doesn't feel particularly warm to the touch. I've tried re-setting it a couple of times, but it pretty immediately goes back to the red light. Sometimes it works absolutely fine, but other times the speed drops right down (and in particular the upload speed is nil or hardly anything). 

I read on a different post that this might need a technician visit and/or a new Hub, and that forum moderators could help arrange that. Would that be possible, please?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may indeed need a new hub. Try unplugging it for an hour or so and trying again. If it is still red update the thread and the VM forum team will get to you or else call it in as a fault. Keep it well ventilated in the mean time. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may indeed need a new hub. Try unplugging it for an hour or so and trying again. If it is still red update the thread and the VM forum team will get to you or else call it in as a fault. Keep it well ventilated in the mean time. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi GregSalmon85, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry for the issues with the Hub showing a red light. You are correct this could be a sign of over heating so we would want to get this checked out by a technician. 

I am going to pop you over a private message to grab a few details and we can go from there. In the mean time, please ensure you power down the Hub over night and when left unattended.

Speak soon, 

Nat