cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub/WiFi Issues

ChrisRowlands
Joining in

Hi, I posted a couple of weeks back about my hub showing a solid red light and is having Wi-Fi drop outs. An engineer came out and done a few checks and found a fault with the cable outside the house which was fixed. 

The hub still displays a solid red light constantly, and we are still experiencing daily Wi-Fi drop outs where all devices disconnect - laptops, phones and smart speakers where they broadcast their own ssid when they have no Wi-Fi connected - so it looks like there still is an issue with the hub i think. 

Thanks,

Chris 

3 REPLIES 3

jarourke
Tuning in
Hi

Is it a Hub 3 that you have? If so, unless you have the hub in modem mode then you shouldn't have a red light on the modem. If you look at the diagnostic help page this will tell you that if the hub has a red light that it is over heating. Sometimes the hub can happen to switch to a red light for no reason at all.

You will probably be better with a replacement as you said though. You will however need to contact customer services to book you in.

Either call on 0845 4541111 or go to the VM website to contact on the chat there.

Thanks,
Jarrod.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Chris,

Instead of using the 0845 number use 0345 454 1111 - it's local rate and included in most call packages.

Also if  you have a VM  landline or mobile then dial 150 - it's a free call.

Select option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ChrisRowlands

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of the hub issues. I can see from a system check, you've spoke to the team since posting and we've got you another tech visit. Please let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill