cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub - Red light

Chrisntrace
Joining in

i am having the same problem would be interested to know how to fix it as tried ringing and there are no catogries on the phone to choose from so i do not how to report it

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

3 REPLIES 3

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chrisntrace,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise that you too are experiencing an issue with the red light on your hub.

Can we ask if you have rebooted your hub at all, or left this off for a period of time (preferably overnight) to see if the red light disappears at all?

We would also suggest that you leave you hub in an open space to air can circulate.

Currently is your hub warm to the touch?

Please let us know regarding the above and we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi. 

mothball
Joining in

Recently my broadband suffered with incredibly low speeds 6:00pm onwards, rectifying itself sometime in the night. Always back to normal speed next morning.

I made several phone calls to Virgin speaking to various 'technical' staff. Absolutely no help whatsoever. They couldn't, or didn't want to, understand that it wasn't a WiFi problem, just a slow broadband problem.  All they wanted me to do was buy some 'buds' (?) to improve my WiFi.

Eventually one suggested I perform a reset with the button on the back. Then the router just went belly up, no power, for about 15 minutes. When it decided to come back on and although it did work, it had a continuous red light showing. Back to 'technical'. "If it's working, it doesn't matter if the red light shows"

I wasn't satisfied, particularly after reading Virgin's instruction booklet that a continuous red light indicates a possible overheating situation.

I couldn't get an acceptable response from Virgin 'technical', so I rang cancellations.

After explaining my concern at maybe waking up burnt to a crisp, following a fire created by an overheating router and being put on hold for a period, a new router was quickly on it's way. I installed my new router and after a few minor app adjustments, it works perfectly, showing a white light and giving me the proper broadband speed for which I am paying .  .  . and surprise, surprise, no more reduced overnight speeds.

Hope this helps.

Hi mothball, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you were having issues getting support from the team. This is not the usual experience we hear about but we are glad that things are resolved for you now. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs