cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub Problem

AaronE
Tuning in

Hi,

There is a constant red light on my hub box which is normally white. I've tried all the resets, turning off at the wall, doing the pin reset 3 or 4 times, all the connections are in place but to no avail. 

I do still have internet connections which is what is confusing. 

13 REPLIES 13

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Does your coax connector into the Hub (which model? Hub 3?) feel hot or very warm? The red light on the Hub 3 usually means that it is overheating.

If you think it is overheating, I strongly advise that you switch it off at night and at any time when it is unattended.

Sorry to put the wind up you if you have a Hub 3.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Hi,

It's a hub3.0. 

I've just looked over the cable and hub, neither feel overly warm to be fair, they are not cold but I wouldn't expect them to be cold. They are only very mildly warm. 

Ta, Aaron 

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
In that case you might feel like turning it off overnight and see what happens when you turn it on next day.

The Forum Team don't get to a thread for around 3 days, so we might as well have as much info available for them as possible.

Yea, no worries. I'll turn it off tonight and see how it performs in the morning. 

I'll update tomorrow.

Ta, Aaron

Morning,

The update is that there is no change. When I turn it on, it's starts off flashing red, turns the expected white colour but then after a minute or turns to a solid red light and remains that way. 

Everything still has internet connection through the hub.

Thanks, Aaron

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

Then I hope the Forum Team will arrange for replacement - and not a Hub 3. Don’t hold your breath on the latter point. 

No worries buddy, thanks for the advice in the meantime. It was worth a shot. 

Ill wait to see what the forum team say.

👍

Aaron 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AaronE 👋
A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post! It's great to have you on board with us here 😊

I am sorry your router is displaying a red light. This is usually the overheating indicator.

We would ask you to follow the below steps:

•             Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

•             Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible.

•             Switch the hub back on at the power. The Hub should now operate normally.

If the Hub does not boot up or boots back up and the red base light persists, then please do respond to my PM as I will need to book a technician visit for you so the router can be replaced.

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Wow!