cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub Flasing Green Light

sgh279
On our wavelength

Does anyone know how I can stop the solid green light flashing at the bottom of my Hub? The wifi symbol is lit green constantly. I phoned the service status which said there were problems with Broadband and Phone earlier but this has now changed to just phone and estimated to be resolved at 16:25. I also can't get through to a human to find out whats going on no matter which telephonenumber I try.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

if the light is flashing you have a connection problem so no internet - try rebooting the hub - just turn it off for 30sec then back on - if that does not help then a full reset - push and hold the reset button for a good 30 sec

again if that does not help then something is wrong - it may be external work in which case it should resolve itself - if not you need a tech to have a look

there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

if the light is flashing you have a connection problem so no internet - try rebooting the hub - just turn it off for 30sec then back on - if that does not help then a full reset - push and hold the reset button for a good 30 sec

again if that does not help then something is wrong - it may be external work in which case it should resolve itself - if not you need a tech to have a look

there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level

Tony.
Sacked VIP

sgh279
On our wavelength

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, I have tried the reset but still the same. The number you quoted is the one I have been rining for updates which now just says that Phone is down, seems this is not the case. Bit frustrating as I need to work, so am having to tether to my phone.

Hi there @sgh279, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you still have no internet after being advised there is just an issue with the phone line, I have checked our our side and it seems like there is still an ongoing issue with the broadband in your area.

The reference for this is F009839891 with an estimated fix time of 12:50pm today. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

sgh279
On our wavelength

Hi,

Can you see if there's any update on the following please, Broadband, TV and Phone are all not working:

The reference for this is F009839891 with an estimated fix time of 12:50pm today.

Thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Fix times are only ever "estimates" and usually the fix is earlier or later - and never on the dot!

Try the 0800 number again that has the most up to date info on faults

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hello sgh279, 

Thanks for your post, 

Can I just ask how things are now? as the fix time has passed and the Outage has been closed.

Gareth_L

sgh279
On our wavelength

Hi,

Was resolved.around 1pm but ended up being tv, broadband and phone.

Hi @sgh279

Thank you for letting us know. Glad to hear this was resolved for you in the end and all your services are back working after the outage was resolved and closed. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be here to help if needed. 

All the best,

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley