cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know when they will be offering the hub5 by sounds of it id be able to stop using Wi-Fi pods and would be amazing 

27 REPLIES 27

@Tudor wrote:

"Would it be possible to get some official line on the hub 5 as to who is eligible and who is not and what the criteria is" it has already been stated by VM staff on the board that it is being offered to selected customers who are not on 1G. There is no published criteria and I expect the forum staff do not know it.

The community manager seems to know enough to know that there will be further email invites from the 24th.

No where I have seen from a Virgin representative says that 1gig people are not eligible for the upgrade, but just info from 3rd party web sites and people guessing on these forums. The only thing I have seen is as you have said is offered to selected customers and is invite only.

Why would 1gb make any difference anyway the hub can handle it ?

or is it just to get people to upgrade to 1gb from lower packages ?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

People with 1Gb should only get the hub 5 if:
A: they have a device with 2.5Gb port or better
B: they have a router with 2.5Gb WAN port

Everyone on low packages should get the hub 5 mostly for those that still have a super hub 1/2  

---------------------------------------------------------------

@legacy1 wrote:

People with 1Gb should only get the hub 5 if:
A: they have a device with 2.5Gb port or better
B: they have a router with 2.5Gb WAN port

Everyone on low packages should get the hub 5 mostly for those that still have a super hub 1/2  

...and those with WiFi 6 devices?

@carl_pearce wrote:

...and those with WiFi 6 devices?

VM can ignore them😋 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Outstanding answer....

not

@Treble1 wrote:

@keasy wrote:

If 1gig customers don't get a free upgrade I'm leaving VM.

I've put up with puma chips long enough and only offering WiFi 6 to those on lower bandwidth just doesn't make any bloody sense!

Totally agree surely paying a premium for the 1gb should get you the best equipment available 

Tom dick and harry paying £18 for 100mb getting it free now gets my back up 

and as 1gb speeds get offered and get easier to purchase  by other companies in my area and there’s choice then I will Be  off ,even talk talk now offer Google eero  pro 6 systems you pay a premium and you receive premium devices 

Jealousy will get you nowhere and why should those customers on the 1gb service only get the invites.

The Hub 4 is newer than the Hub 3 and VM will be hoping those that get the invite for the Hub 5 will upgrage to a faster speed.

@keasy wrote:

Outstanding answer....

not

Pssst.... 

Don't tell everyone this - but I think the above was sarcasm - denoted by the 'smiley' 😉

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7