Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5

piggo64
On our wavelength

Has anybody else had this reply?

Hello,

We know you’re expecting a Hub 5, but we’re sorry to say that some of your account features won’t work with this Hub quite yet. This could be because you’ve just upgraded to Hub 4, you’ve got WiFi Pods or your order needs to be installed by a technician instead of installing it yourself with QuickStart.

Unfortunately, that means we’ve had to cancel the order. We’re really sorry about that. You don’t need to do anything, just carry on using your current Hub as usual.

We’ll be making Hub 5 more widely available in 2022 - and don’t worry, we’ll let you know as soon as it’s compatible with your account.

My Broadband Ping - vm1gig_HUB5_ax50
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Don't have pods and run in modem mode. I have had a hub 4 for about 18 months and connect using lag to try go achieve max throughput 

Yet I get the same pathetic excuse when I ask for a hub 5. Why do those who cannot exceed a 1gb connection get a hub 5 Yet those of us with an 1150Mb connection are limited to 1Gb interface.

Seems a bit arse about to me.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What package are you on? Could be because...

If on 1GB - VM are not upgrading current 1GB customers to Hub5's yet. Its a Business decision to preserve Hub5 stocks for new customers

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi piggo64, 

Thank you for your post to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have not been able to receive the Hub 5 due to the compatibility on the account. 

Can you please confirm if any of the scenarios listed in the message apply to you such as recently receiving a Hub 4 or having WiFi Pod's?

Once the Hub 5 becomes available for your account, our team will reach out to notify you via the contact details we have available. 

Thanks, 

Nat

piggo64
On our wavelength

I am willing to ditch the pods if it means that I could get a hub5

Regards,

Jeff

My Broadband Ping - vm1gig_HUB5_ax50

Hi @piggo64

We wouldn't be able to send a Hub 5 at the moment unfortunately.

As soon as your account is eligible we will let you know.

I appreciate this isn't the answer you were hoping for and I am sorry for any disappointment caused.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Don't have pods and run in modem mode. I have had a hub 4 for about 18 months and connect using lag to try go achieve max throughput 

Yet I get the same pathetic excuse when I ask for a hub 5. Why do those who cannot exceed a 1gb connection get a hub 5 Yet those of us with an 1150Mb connection are limited to 1Gb interface.

Seems a bit arse about to me.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

Hey Timwilky, I understand this is frustrating.

However with Hub5 we at this time we are only sending them to new customers and and to existing customers who are upgrading to the 1GB package. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Wait, there's a hub 5?
I never even got the invite for a Hub 4 let alone 5!

Guess us 100Mb people are left out in the cold again 😞

well finally got 1gb over wifi, I have given in trying to get the hub 5, i was using the hub 4 in modem mode with nest wifi but that was topping out at between 6-800 meg, so i managed to secure asus xt8 in the amazon sale and got the tplink ax3000 pce card and now i can finally get my promised speed, best thing about the xt8 is it supports 2.5gb wan so would be great with the hub5 which has a 2.5gb port

Ahhhh,, the lack of loyalty for existing customers strikes again.