cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5

Iainabernethy
Tuning in

My new hub 5 won't connect to multiple devices by WiFi. Reported twice but no real help received. How do I get a hub four back before I switch provider?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you still got it ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you still got it ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I do and my family are going to kill me if this doesn't get fixed.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case its a simple case of calling the "activation number" as per below and telling them that the Hub5 is not fit for your purpose as it is still in a testing phase and you want the Hub4 reactivating onto your account and you will return the Hub5.

The equipment activation number is on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial number/MAC address's off the barcode stickers and also your account number,

Calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

• Perfect - will give this a try to see what happens. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my message. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Iainabernethy,

Welcome back to the community. 

From checking our service I can see that the Hub 5 is in place, is the service working for you?

Thanks,

Kain

Not really - I decided to ask for a new WiFi  booster in case existing is failing. Online connection tests were not a help. Lucky me I get to pay for this! Time will tell.

Hi Iainbernethy, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating us on things. 

We're sorry to hear you're still having continued issues with the Hub 5. The WiFi booster may well help if the devices are far away from the hub. 

Please let us know how it goes once you have tried out the new booster. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Turns out the booster has been shipped with Yodel so I might never find out! Certainly hasn't arrived as scheduled.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hope it is an old style booster not a new pod, as pods do not as yet work with the hub5. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2