cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know when they will be offering the hub5 by sounds of it id be able to stop using Wi-Fi pods and would be amazing 

27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great I have enough cables just I have cctv Phillips hue hub and bloody virgin box next to hub 3 that need ethernet so that should be grand 

Anonymous
Not applicable

And the other placed in other parts of house and if my pc is upstairs can I connect 2 things to the Ethernet too 

@Anonymous wrote:

And the other placed in other parts of house and if my pc is upstairs can I connect 2 things to the Ethernet too 

Correct, however rememeber you are relying on the wireless connection with the other two nodes in other parts of your home.

The reviews appear to be pretty good for the device I linked to. If it doesn't work out you can always return it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

they can be wireless just want something reliable as at mo I use a power line adapter and to get Wi-Fi in other parts I use bloody the virgin Wi-Fi pods 

@Anonymous wrote:

they can be wireless just want something reliable as at mo I use a power line adapter and to get Wi-Fi in other parts I use bloody the virgin Wi-Fi pods 

Power line adapters aren't the best... and I can't really comment on the Virgin Wi-Fi adapters.

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

We'll be sure to make you aware as and when the Hub 5 is available for yourself as the full rollout hasn't happened yet.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Travis_M wrote:

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

We'll be sure to make you aware as and when the Hub 5 is available for yourself as the full rollout hasn't happened yet.

Regards

Would it be possible to get some official line on the hub 5 as to who is eligible and who is not and what the criteria is for getting one as there seems to be a lot of uncertainty and conflicting stories.

For example, I recently moved to a 1gig connection, and a couple of weeks later got an email inviting me to get an upgrade to a hub5. The date I selected for delivery was the 30th, but as of yet I have not even received an email to acknowledge that my request for a hub 5 has been received, let alone if I'm even going to get one.

Looking at posts over these forums, the consensus is that 1gig customers are not eligible, but yet I received an email so must be??

Other people have got the email and then been allegedly been told they can't have one due to having wifi pods?

Reading the email and terms and conditions of the upgrade, there is nothing that I can see about being restricted to certain packages or speeds or not owning pods.

If 1gig subscribers arnt eligible to get a "free" upgrade, will we be able to get a "paid" upgrade to a hub5? Because if we can get a paid upgrade and its going to be cheaper and less hassle than buying a MikroTik router (to bond wan ports) then I might be up for that.

All I want to know is am I going to get a hub5 on the 30th, so I know if to book the day off work or not to wait for delivery off Yodel.

If 1gig customers don't get a free upgrade I'm leaving VM.

I've put up with puma chips long enough and only offering WiFi 6 to those on lower bandwidth just doesn't make any bloody sense!

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Would it be possible to get some official line on the hub 5 as to who is eligible and who is not and what the criteria is" it has already been stated by VM staff on the board that it is being offered to selected customers who are not on 1G. There is no published criteria and I expect the forum staff do not know it.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

@keasy wrote:

If 1gig customers don't get a free upgrade I'm leaving VM.

I've put up with puma chips long enough and only offering WiFi 6 to those on lower bandwidth just doesn't make any bloody sense!

Totally agree surely paying a premium for the 1gb should get you the best equipment available 

Tom dick and harry paying £18 for 100mb getting it free now gets my back up 

and as 1gb speeds get offered and get easier to purchase  by other companies in my area and there’s choice then I will Be  off ,even talk talk now offer Google eero  pro 6 systems you pay a premium and you receive premium devices