cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 wifi issues

johnrambo18
Dialled in

Since upgrading from Hub 3 to Hub 5, WiFi on some devices is worse. Ethernet is fine. But a Galaxy tablet is sluggish in moving between Web pages or eg viewing video on Facebook. VM support don't seem to have much idea. I have TP link repeater upstairs and connections via this seem better than through Hub direct.

111 REPLIES 111

Yes please. Replace hub with a 4 if this is compatible.

I have just got a hub5 as having a hub4 which had crap speed, speeds have improved but no longer compatable with the pods, sooner VM sort this the better or bring out wifi 6 pods the better.

VM are not making money on pods and they likely will never do pods for hub 5
---------------------------------------------------------------

Is this something you can arrange or do I need to go via cust service? Must say I've not had much joy from them so far....

@johnrambo18 indeed the forum team might well be able to swop out the hub 5 but you might also try the route of calling VM and following the ‘thinking of leaving us’ route, do this at about 8am for the best chance of getting a UK based call centre agent.

Tell them that the equipment they have sent is ‘not fit for purpose’ and you are not informed that this was trial hardware (if push comes to shove, Courts love the informed consent arguments), and you want an earlier model hub sent to you.

Hi johnrambo18,

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I'll pop you over a private message now so I can get this arranged with you.

Thanks

Beth

Hi johnrambo18,

Thanks for chatting me with over PM. Please do let me know how the visit goes and if you need anything else.

Kind regards

Beth

Engineer visit completed now. He did have trouble getting some sort of authorisation for the new device, as it was not a like for like swap. Now installed and seems to be working much better for me.

Going forwards I think VM should be more up front about new devices. This was sold to me as an upgrade and improvement without any warning about compatibility issues with older equipment I might have.

Hi @johnrambo18,

Thanks for the update. Glad the technician was able to get things sorted for you. 

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to reach out.

Have a lovely weekend!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Got my Hub 5 three weeks ago and has failed to deliver on every count possible. Hub not fit for purpose.

All devices very slow to connect, particularly Samsung galaxy tablet. Virtually no signal in rooms out with where Hub is, despite being fine with previous Hub 4.

Engineer was out yesterday and replaced several connections etc. and left with 600mbps coming from ethernet cable. This translated into 200 odd mbps through laptop. Still dreadful signal on tablet though.

Today down to 50 mbps on laptop. So it appears that nothing was really fixed.

I stupidly sent Hub 4 back to be recycled. Wish I'd kept it now.

Engineer coming on Tuesday evening. Watch this space...........................☹️