cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 upgrade

iamscottlee1975
Joining in

I have upgraded to hub 5 and my speeds have dropped dramaticly . I have made call after call to Virgin Media and they not got a clue saying its new product and all they say its the amount of devices I have connected. This has not changed. The speed I get wired is around 120 mbs and wieless around 80 mbs.This can drop to as low as 10.. Also  the wifi passkey on the router does not work I have to put previous passkey in from hub 3 I had which is strange. Also when trying to set virgin connect app its asks for router password.. The new roter does not have one.Any ideas brcause Virgin Media have not.

6 REPLIES 6

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are using previous key that means your not actually connected to the hub 5 but probably a booster you got sent out

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
The connect app doesn’t work with the Hub5.
What speed package do you pay for?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hi thanks for the response I have indeed got wi fi booster. Thanks

I have the 500 mb package. Wish virgin media staff knew their product.They get adving me to connect to this spp.I advised thrm that the hub 5 does not have a router password I was told that this was impossibles 

@iamscottlee1975 wrote:

I have the 500 mb package. Wish virgin media staff knew their product.They get adving me to connect to this spp.I advised thrm that the hub 5 does not have a router password I was told that this was impossibles 

The admin passwords (and Wifi passwords) are stickered on the bottom of all the Virgin hubs. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@iamscottlee1975 wrote:

Hi thanks for the response I have indeed got wi fi booster. Thanks

You need to reset that booster and pair it up again with the new Hub 5.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks