cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 terrible customer service

Peachy67DSF
Tuning in

Hola good people of t'internet!!!! I have came to this lovely forum as honestly a last result. At least 5 phone calls with agents sending me on wild goose chases for multiple months and I have simply had enough. It started with an email from Virgin about upgrading to the Hub 5. I initially placed an order and upon reading the confirmation noticed my full address wasn't on the receipt. Called up and told it would be fine and that all customers are being upgraded to said router. Thought nothing off it. Waited weeks and eventually no router. Called up again and was told the router was a trial thing and they could not send me one over the phone and to order another. He would open something their end to ensure this happened. Waited weeks. And guess what? Yep BINGO. Phoned back up again to be told the previous agent NEVER opened any cases their end. And that they have done and to order again. Waited weeks again. Shock horror no router. So phoned back up today for agent to say CASE WAS OPENED BUT NOT CLOSED AND THIS IS WHY IT WASN'T SENT I HAVE CLOSED IT AND NOW YOU CAN REORDER I AM SO SORRY. I asked what do I do if it doesn't come out this time? PHONE BACK AND ASK FOR A MANAGER. So I hang up and go to order a router for the final time. THIS TRIAL IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO YOU HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AMAZING LOLZZZZZZ. I phone back up dejected and the agent this time tells me that I am no longer able to get said router and that by the end of the year I will hopefully have one and that they are sorry for my problems and when asking how to complain about this..... Guess what happened to the call?????? Free biscuit to whoever guesses correctly lol

I am so fed up, man. Anyone else the same?

Help!??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not sure about the Hub 5 (apart from it being riddled with other bugs) but I honestly think your best bet would be to buy a decent router and slap your current hub in modem mode. Appreciate it's an expense but most routers on the market out perform the "free" ones you get with the service. If you have a large property or signal is an issue it might be worth looking at a mesh (ideally hard wired). Sorry that isn't much use but honestly I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a hub to fix any of your issues. Replace the old issues with new ones is much more likely.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah old hands on here won't be surprised by any of this. Welcome to the world of VM. 

The Hub 5 still isn't on general release so end of 2022 sounds about right to me. 

Real issue is why do you want one? 

Better wifi my guy the one I have atm does not work in my bedroom. 

Not sure about the Hub 5 (apart from it being riddled with other bugs) but I honestly think your best bet would be to buy a decent router and slap your current hub in modem mode. Appreciate it's an expense but most routers on the market out perform the "free" ones you get with the service. If you have a large property or signal is an issue it might be worth looking at a mesh (ideally hard wired). Sorry that isn't much use but honestly I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a hub to fix any of your issues. Replace the old issues with new ones is much more likely.

4564950-6256168061-holy-

Sorry my dude lol had to vent 🤣🥵

Anonymous
Not applicable

I enjoyed it 👍🍻

@Peachy67DSF wrote:

Sorry my dude lol had to vent 🤣🥵

Really, not a problem - but welcome to the weird and wacky world of VM customer services!

Some might well say that missing out on getting a Hub 5 is the same as dodging a bullet.....

M8tey ,..  you are not the first and most definitely not the last person that Virgin Media will renege on sending a new router

to ... bite the bullet as they say ... happened to me on my new deal ... 16 months ago  ..😱

Alb ... up North in Murkeyside.