cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - stock

Festwit
On our wavelength

I’d like to ask Virgin support via the forum team, why it is that existing customers seem to always be at the back of the queue, or not even in the queue? This is with regard to the elusive Hub 5. I have been a 1gig customer for quite a while now, and was pleased to hear that the Hub 5 would be offered as a free upgrade. However, despite many requests, and even an order accepted that was later rescinded without notice, the Hub 5 is not forthcoming. During many chats via WhatsApp I’ve been told many things, incl not eligible, you’re on the list, out of stock etc… I’ve also heard that other customers are being told that they are reserved for new customers. I’d like Virgin to explain why they have an alleged stock issue, and why loyal customers (of many years in my case) are being treated with apparent indifference. For the first time for several years, I will consider leaving Virgin at the end of my current contract if we cannot resolve this. 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
All VM need to do is reduce 1Gb to 900Mb and reduce cost then no one would care.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Festwit
On our wavelength
Nice idea, but even if it were to come to fruition, they’d probably reserve it for new customers…. 😉

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's probably quite true that there is a limited stock of Hub5's. The reason for that can only be guessed.

But it's only to be expected that Virgin will offer the latest equipment to attract new customers (even though some don't get them as promised) and those already on contracts will have to wait.

P.S. There is no such thing as 'loyal customers'. We are just 'customers' for as long as we pay.  Virgin of course aren't alone in this, it's just hard business. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

chrcoluk
Fibre optic

My answer is only opinion.

But we currently in a semi conductor shortage period.

Logically buying hub 4 stock only makes sense to make up hub 5 shortfall. (assuming they within same price range to acquire stock)

Also logically hub 5's should be prioritised for new customers or for customers that need the DS 3.1 channel on hub 3 or older, if I was running VM, existing customers on hub 4 would be back of the queue.

I do sympathise though, if I got a hub 4 instead of hub 5 I probably would have been annoyed.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe you will not get a definitive answer from VM, because stocks will differ vastly between areas and the staff on the board would not have figures for all the different areas.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2