Mirinda1974
Joining in

Hi upgraded last week from hub 3 -350mb 

to hub 5 1gb getting 1150 at hub but only 

400-600mb on device done all resets can someone help please thanks  

22 REPLIES 22

Client62
Hero

1150 at the Hub shows the service is working fine.

There is a general lack of understanding, most domestic devices don't draw 1 Gb/s speeds and more over don't need too. 

If that 400 - 600 is to an iPhone or similar that is fine.

In actual use a WiFi device like a phone or tablet will be lucky to touch 20 Mb/s !

Hi thanks for reply,the virgin engineer who came our Thursday said it wasn’t right 

but couldn’t find a fault 

All so don’t matter what setting I have the hub on keeps put me on a DFS channel. 

The DFS channels are very slow to start when the Hub is booted.

DFS channels also periodically shutdown to check for other broadcasts on the same frequencies.

Hi yes I know thats why it shouldn’t be putting me on a DFS channel just got off the phone to virgin again thru have agreed this isn’t right speed and DFS

they just rebooted hub. Still the same going 2 call me back in a week 

no one seems to want to do anything. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

DFS channels should be avoided as they can cause issues with radar equipment.  That's why, as stated earlier, they are slow to start as they have to check for radar installations in the area.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi I am not going on a DfS channel the hub keeps putting me on one no matter what setting I have I on.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mirinda1974 wrote:

Hi I am not going on a DfS channel the hub keeps putting me on one no matter what setting I have I on.

One more reason to use modem mode with your own networking kit ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Problems with DFS channels are due to the equipment, VM hub, not working correctly. I use DFS channels all the time and have no problems. When a WAP detects radar it switches to another channel and the back to the original channel at 02:00 the next day. I see no impact on any device.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2