cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 slow/no internet with PC

Elkay
Tuning in

We recently switched to the Hub 5. iPhone and Mac laptops work fine, but on my Surface Pro Windows laptop I have <1mbps speed, and the connection frequently drops altogether. 

Even the connection to the router itself on 192.168.0.1 is incredibly slow, which makes me think it’s the router signal not playing nicely with my laptop. 

I tried plugging the Hub 3 back in but it seems to have been deactivated.

can anyone help?

10 REPLIES 10

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
VM seem to think they can take on the world of a router mode with wifi and not do lots of testing.... and everyone gets disappointed and VM do nothing with the only hope that modem mode works so do the and get your own wifi router with 1Gb ports.
---------------------------------------------------------------

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Tghe Hub5 is not on general release yet - it is offered to "selected customers" who aren't being made aware that the Hub is still prone to issues.

So if the Hub3 was working fine just call them and tell them you want the old Hub3 reinstated on your account and you will return the Hub5 as it is not fit for your purpose.

First try the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker and also your account number,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Elkay,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry you've been having some issues with the service since switching to the hub 5.

Having taken a look at our systems, all your downstream signal levels are out of specification which can cause performance issues. I'll need to book a technician to come out and get these adjusted. Will pop you a PM now to get that arranged.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me via PM @Elkay and I am glad to hear things have improved for you. Appreciate you said no technician is therefore required at this stage but I can see the downstream signal levels are still not within the optimal range and this isn't something that can be fixed remotely. A tech would need to adjust the levels.

If you do have any further performance issues, drop us a message and we can get the visit booked for you 🙂

Have a lovely evening!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your follow up PM @Elkay
I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issue with your power levels. You can find confirmation of the visit via your online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi there

There are no technician appointments showing in my account. 

Thanks

@Elkay it can take quite some time for the new appointments to work their way through the system and appear. Should see it later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Hi Elkay,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear there was a delay in your appointment showing in your Online Account.

I was able to find you on our system with the details we have for you and can see an appointment was booked, how are things now, what was the issue?

Regards

Paul.

Hey there

The technician switched us back to the Hub 3. All working fine again now!

thanks